UK Resident Week 1 Journal
Well, I have survived my first week as a resident of Britain. The worst part is over, beginning a job for which I am grossly underqualified. The company that hired me designs embedded systems (the chips that run our cellphones, cars, gaming consoles, etc) and I am just this little automated GUI validation engineer surrounded by big bad hardware engineers who talk binary and unix and theoretical mathematics. whoa.
The most trauamtic moment of the week would either be the morning when I bought what I thought was an apple turnover for breakfast and discovered it had a mystery meat product inside, or when the unix geek next to me was helping me get my computer on the network, and when he said "Go to the system control panel" my mind went blank and I said "huh?"
Anyway, it is freezing here and I am looking forward to that first weekend trip to Spain or Italy. That is what life is about.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home